Fire on Walnut Street
There was a working house fire at 505 and 507 Walnut Street last night, January 16, 2018. All occupants and their pets did make it out safely, according to Madison Fire Chief Bill DeVries.
Firefighter Cody Arbuckle and Lt. Mike White participated in training Tuesday at IKEC in Madison. Training included rescue of trapped or lost firefighters in a structure and in controling propane gas fires. IKEC provides the training annually to its employees through a contractor, American Emergency Response Training, and provides an extra session for area firefighters.
Walnut Street Fire Company No. 4 Engineer John Schoenstein, representing the firefighters of Madison and Jefferson County, carried the Indiana bicentennial torch on a portion of its journey through Madison. He rode with driver Frank Taff aboard a 100-year-old Ahrens Fox pumper that served Madison Fire Company No. 2 from 1916 to 1947. The torch will pass through all 92 Indiana counties.