Fire on Walnut Street
There was a working house fire at 505 and 507 Walnut Street last night, January 16, 2018. All occupants and their pets did make it out safely, according to Madison Fire Chief Bill DeVries.
Firefighter Cody Arbuckle and Lt. Mike White participated in training Tuesday at IKEC in Madison. Training included rescue of trapped or lost firefighters in a structure and in controling propane gas fires. IKEC provides the training annually to its employees through a contractor, American Emergency Response Training, and provides an extra session for area firefighters.
Walnut Street Fire Company No. 4 will house a city-owned fire utility vehicle, a Kawasaki Mule. It carries 50 gallons of Class A foam, two pressurized water extinguishers, two 20-pound dry chemical extinguishers, a Class K extinguisher and assorted tools. It can also carry a stokes basket for transporting patients.
The unit will primarily be used during Madison’s many festivals when access is limited for first line fire apparatus, and it can be used in rough terrain.